Fluffy omlette with sausage stuffing... Inspired by : Lakshmi Nair "Magic Oven"..
stuffed omletteFluffy omlette with sausage stuffing... Inspired by : Lakshmi Nair "Magic Oven"..Soumya Sivadas
Butter (for the stuffing)
Red Chilly sauce or chilli garlic Sauce
Black bean sauce or Soya sauce
Sausage pieces,Circularly cut
Butter (for cooking)
- To prepare the stuffing, saute the finely chopped onions in 1 Tbsp butter till its color changes.
- Now add the sausage pieces, the sauces, salt and pepper and cook till the sausages are done. Keep this aside.
- To prepare the omlette, beat together the egg yolks and baking powder in a vessel preferably with a fork.
- Beat the egg whites along with salt separately till it is stiff.
- Gently mix in the egg yolk mixture to the white mixture.
- In a pan melt some butter and pour the omlette mixture. Keep the pan covered and let it cook for 10mins in "Low Flame".
- Once the omlette is done it will be fluffy and thick. Now layer one half of the omlette with the sausage stuffing. Top it will cheese gratings.
- Fold the other half onto the this and gently give a press on the top with the spatula.
- Remove from the stove, slice it the way you want and serve hot!!