Simple and easy to make custard with three different flavors. The custard tastes best with vanilla ice cream.
Ribbon CustardSimple and easy to make custard with three different flavors. The custard tastes best with vanilla ice cream.Soumya Sivadas
Instant coffee Powder
- First of all set your freezer to the coldest mode. Soak gelatin in half cup of cold water and keep it aside. Dissolve cocoa powder in 1/4 cup of hot water and keep this aside. Add 1/4 cup of hot water to coffee powder and keep this also aside.
- To make the custard, dissolve the custard powder in some hot milk and bring to boil the rest of the milk.
- Now add sugar and stir continuously while you add the custard mix. Cook in medium fire.
- Add in the soaked gelatin and stir so that it dissolves completely.
- Once the custard becomes thick remove from fire and strain the custard mix with the help of a sieve to another container.
- Divide your custard mix into three portions: Smallest portion for coffee flavor, a little more for chocolate flavor and maximum for vanilla flavor.
- Add cocoa mix to the portion meant for chocolate layer and cook for 2mins on medium fire. This is to get rid of the raw taste of cocoa. Allow this to cool to room temperature and then mix in some cream.
- To the plain custard portion add vanilla essence and some cream and keep this aside.
- Add coffee mix to the coffee portion. Mix well. Add rest of the cream and mix well again. Pour this into your desert dish and then refrigerate it for 10mins.
- Once the first layer is set, pour in the vanilla layer on to this and refrigerate again. Allow 10mins for this layer to set.
- Pour the chocolate mixture on to the second layer and again refrigerate for another 10mins. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
- Add cream only AFTER cooling each layer to room temperature. Check sweetness of each layer and add more sugar according to your taste. Use a plastic container for setting your dessert, it is easy to de-mold from that