Easy to make crunchy buttery cookies without eggs :)!!
Nut Butterscotch CookiesEasy to make crunchy buttery cookies without eggs :)!!Soumya Sivadas
Cashew Nuts, Chopped
- Beat butter until soft and fluffy.
- Now add powdered sugar and beat well.
- Sieve together flour and baking powder. Add this to the butter mixture little by little and mix well.
- Add vanilla essence and salt and mix well.
- Now for caramelizing the nuts, dissolve sugar in water on a low-medium flame. Once the color changes to brown add the nuts and stir well.
- Now pour this caramel mix on to a butter paper. Using a blender or a mortar, crush the caramelized nuts. Do not make it too fine.
- Add the crushed caramel nuts to the cookie mixture. Add 2 tsp of honey (optional) and mix well.
- Take small portions of the cookie dough and make round balls. Flatten the balls slightly to get the perfect cookie shape.
- Preheat your oven to 180deg C
- Arrange the cookies on the baking tray (greased or preferably lined with butter paper) and bake at 180deg C for 20mins.Ensure that you leave enough space between the cookies to expand!!
- Crunchy butterscotch cookies are ready :)!!