Indonesia's favorite fried rice without chicken. Recipe courtesy my beloved maid!
Nasi Goreng (only egg)Indonesia's favorite fried rice without chicken. Recipe courtesy my beloved maid!Soumya Sivadas
Cooked Basmati Rice
Garlic (finely chopped)
Big Onion(chopped finely)
Carrots (finely chopped)
Capsicum (finely chopped)
Sweet soya bean sauce
- In a pan, saute garlic and green chilies in oil till it releases the aroma. Add onions and saute till it turns light brown.
- Now add the cooked rice (cooked using a rice cooker) to this pan and fry the rice for about 5-6 mins (on low flame). Make sure you stir gently and not break the rice.
- In a separate cooking vessel boil the carrots till they are well done and add them to the pan. Next add the capsicum to this.
- Add soya sauce and salt to taste.
- In a separate frying pan, scramble the eggs and then add those to the cooked rice.
- Cover the vessel for a minute (low flame).
- Serve hot with chili sauce (sambal) or raitha.