Butter cake infused with citrus flavor of lemon... and a lemon n honey sauce (sauce inspired by Lakshmi Nair's recipe )
Lemon cake with honey and lemon sauceButter cake infused with citrus flavor of lemon... and a lemon n honey sauce (sauce inspired by Lakshmi Nair's recipe )Soumya Sivadas
Baking powder (level)
Lemon yellow food color
For the lemon sauce
- Sift together flour and baking powder and keep this aside.
- Beat together powdered sugar and butter(150g) until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one by one to this mixture and beat every time.
- Now add in the flour in small quantities and mix in well each time. Add 2tbsp lemon juice, lemon rind and mix well.
- Add the hot milk (1tbsp each time) and beat the mix as you add in (very important!!). Add the food coloring as well.
- Preheat your oven to 180degrees. Grease your baking tray with butter and flour. Bake your cake for 45mins.
- Now for the lemon and honey sauce, dissolve 1/2cup sugar in 1 cup water and add cornflour to this. Let the mix thicken.
- Once it appears to start boiling, remove from fire and strain the mixture. Now add 2tbsp lemon juice, 1tbsp butter and 1 tbsp honey to this and mix well.
- Serve your cake slices with a generous amount of sauce over it.