this is an eggless version of crepe with roasted onions, butter and pepper, spicy version of a popular European street food.
Eggless Crepe with Roasted Onionsthis is an eggless version of crepe with roasted onions, butter and pepper, spicy version of a popular European street food.Soumya Sivadas
Onions, large sized, finely chopped
- To prepare the crepe, mix together flour, melted butter, sugar, vanilla essence, milk and water into a smooth batter. Add a pinch of salt to this and mix well. Refrigerate the batter as you prepare the stuffing.
- To prepare the stuffing, in a pan saute the onions with some salt. Saute till the onions are roasted. Be careful not to burn them.
- Pour the crepe batter on to a non-stick pan and swirl the pan to spread the batter well. Cook both the sides of the crepe on medium flame until it is done.
- Arrange the crepes on the serving dish. Brush in some butter on to the crepe and top it with the roasted onions.
- Season with salt, pepper, oregano and chilli flakes.Gently roll the crepe in one direction.
- You can make upto 4 or 5 medium sized crepes with this batter.