very simple, easy to make pudding with rich flavours :).. recommended for sweet lovers!!
coconut dates puddingvery simple, easy to make pudding with rich flavours :).. recommended for sweet lovers!!Soumya Sivadas
Coconut milk, thick
Cashew nuts, chopped
- In a non stick pan, melt 2tbsp sugar in water in medium flame, until it becomes golden brown. Now add grated coconut and mix in well to caramelize it. Remove from fire and allow this to cool.
- Cook dates in 1 cup of coconut milk, 1 tbsp of sugar and ghee till the water evaporates completely. Spread this into your serving bowls/glasses, it is the base layer of your pudding.
- In a pan add the rest of coconut milk and keep stirring while you add cornflour. Add the remaining sugar and allow the mixture to thicken.
- Now add condensed milk/milkmaid to this and stir well. Remove from fire and mix in chopped nuts.Pour this mixture on to the base layer.
- Use a chapathi roller or a mortar to break the caramelized coconut mix into fine pieces and garnish your pudding.
- Serve chilled.