Eggless chocolate cookies with orange and butter cream filling.
Chocolate Cookies with Orange butter creamEggless chocolate cookies with orange and butter cream filling.Soumya Sivadas
Orange rind, Grated
Food color, Orange
- Beat together butter (100g) and powdered sugar(60grams) until light and fluffy.
- Sieve together flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and incorporate this into the butter mixture slowly. Add a pinch of salt to this.
- Add 1tsp of grated orange rind and milk (cold) and knead the mixture to form a smooth dough.
- Roll the dough into small balls and flatten it into cookie shape. Bake them on a greased tray in a preheated oven at 180deg C for 15mins.
- To make the orange cream filling, beat together 25grams of sugar and 50grams of butter until light and fluffy.
- Add orange juice, 1tsp of orange rind, food color and mix well.
- Cool it in a refrigerator for 10-15 mins. Take it out and gently mix it once again.
- Once your cookies are done allow them to cool. Fill one side of the cookie with the orange cream and place another cookie on top of it. Its ready to serve.