A soft and light bread coated with mixed fruit jam and a meringue topping.
Bread Meringue delightA soft and light bread coated with mixed fruit jam and a meringue topping.Soumya Sivadas
Bread, slices of
Mixed fruit Jam
- Boil milk and add 0.75cups of sugar and butter to it and mix well.
- Crumble the bread slices(crust removed) and mix into the above mixture. Keep this aside for about 20mins.
- Add grated coconut to the above mixture.
- Beat egg yolks and add it to the mixture along with vanilla essence. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 180degC and bake the mixture in a greased dish for about 45mins. Once done remove from oven and allow to cool.
- On a low flame melt jam with water and pour this onto the baked bread.
- Beat egg whites with 0.25 cups of sugar until it becomes stiff (very important)!!
- Spread the egg white mixture onto the jam layer, garnish with some chopped nuts and bake in oven for 25mins until the meringue turns golden brown.